Brain dump Friday!
· Yesterdays run was rubbish! My legs just felt so tired from the get go. They felt so heavy and it felt like I had to work really hard to maintain a ridiculously slow pace. I was supposed to be running for 30 mins but stopped at 25 because I was so tired and that’s with multiple walking breaks. Sucks! I’m hoping its the result of giving blood and that things will return to normal.
· I made creole beef hotpot last night, its not technically a pie, but hot pot is practically pie, so it may be making an appearance on pie Tuesday at some point.
· Work kinda sucks. Less said the better.
· I decided to do a cheat sheet for you guys, I realise sometimes I use random phases that you may not be familiar with so I present you with a guide to Kirstyisms!
- crivens, crikey........ exclamations of surprise
- eeee, by gum....... usually when I’m at a loss for words, or when I’m tired it’s a good all purpose phrase
- eh up chuck...... hi, how are you?
- chuffed..... happy/pleased
- fiddle sticks....... I probably use this when other people would swear, mostly when things go wrong lol
- lurgy....... flu/illness
- naff..... when things are rubbish/un-cool
- nitwit....... used when talking about the guys in the office..... basically a plonker, wait do you even know plonker, a bit of a doofus?
- Numpty..... same as above but a bit nicer...........the guys are nit wits, children in my Sunday school class are numpty’s
- Pants........ when things are rubbish/not good
- be reet........ good general phrase, everything will be OK, it’ll all work out
- Skinny malinky......... someone thin and lanky
- Bahooky........... backside as in get off your bahooky and make me a cup of tea!!! Manky/mingin.......... dirty/grubby
- Peely wally....... some one whose pale..... sooooo I’m peely wally but also I would maybe describe someone who is looking a bit green around the gills as looking peely wally
- Bonnie...... pretty/beautiful, (nb all little girls are bonnie lasses)
Any other phases I’ve used that you want translating?